Saturday 9 February 2013

Marketing your self by your achievements and your CV to reach out - Tool Slideshare

When I was to link my CV, exam, certificates and awards to my LinkedIn profile, I believed it was Boxnet that I could use. But trying it out, it was no longer supported :-(.
The replacement was Slideshare and I can say, that it is worth trying, when you want to reach out to more people, as it have its own search function to make you even more visible. It also work as an online storage for your files, used for marketing yourself.
I have uploaded: articles I have contributed to or commented in, my personal profile test, certificates, exam papers, my concept descriptions and of course my CV in the latest version.

Tool: www.slideshare.com

Tips:
It is important to use some time on the description of your material, and the keywords especially, if you want to use it as a platform for making yourself visible.
I recommend that you write this in word beforehand, as sometimes when typing, it does not allow you to go back and correct. Use copy paste from word, it will save you time.

My own collection of uploads for inspiration to be found at http://www.slideshare.net/KasperKronmannNielsen

You also get stats possibility but in order to really use it you have to pay for the extended service, sow fare I have not found it worth the money, but when I really began to have material it could be fun to really see if it had value. Please tell if you have tried out this part of Slideshare.

Remember that copyrights can be a problem and if you are not sure do not upload, at least prevent people from downloading by un-ticking this function for the document in doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment